Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, most of the businesses around the world decided to allow their employees to work remotely. Working from home can be highly productive, however, it can likewise turn out badly. For those who are not used to working at home or who don’t have a proper office space, an organized timetable, and on-the-spot management, distractions can easily disrupt productivity and to complete practically nothing.
In this article, we explore ways to maintain a strategic distance from the entanglements, overcome distractions, and remain professional and productive while you’re working from home.
According to Forbes “remote work is no longer a privilege” and the Fast Company considers it “the new normal”. It’s a progressively profitable and worthwhile endeavor.
Here are the benefits of home-based work:
- Away from office life distractions such as phone calls, gatherings, meetings, chitchat, and many more.
- Work on your own preferences and needs which can help you with staying progressively relaxed and support your morale, allowing you to work more effectively, efficiently, and creatively while enjoying it.
- Save money from not buying lunch and commuting expenses.
However, difficulties cannot be avoided, these are:
- Distractions from people at home, neighbors’ noises, pets, household chores, and many more.
- Stuck in a bout of laziness especially when you’re not being supervised. Hello Netflix and chill!
- The feeling of loneliness, boredom, and isolation – missing coworkers convos and can lead you to some power naps (usually 10 – 20 mins) that accidentally lasts for an hour or more! The night already doing nothing but sleeping.
So, if you have difficulties handling home-based distractions or in opposition, the rest of this article explains how to deal with it.
Your home is a place where you feel comfortable the most and staying focused is a real challenge. Distractions are everywhere (especially when you’re not being supervised) – noises from people around you, pets, household chores, boredom, bedroom’s calling, leisure activities, and many more.
In order to overcome those challenges, here are some tips for you:
- Push yourself and set clear goals – when you know what your goal is, be motivated to achieve it. SERIOUSLY!
- Minimize distractions – which scenario distracts you the most? Possibly you get up to doing family errands or kids playing around the house. To beat these distractions, shut your door! FOCUS!
- Reward yourself – wouldn’t it be nice to treat yourself after achieving your goal for the day without having a wasted time? Your favorite coffee espresso would do.
- No to Social Media – if it’s not important or work-related, ignore it. If you can’t resist it, then set a specific time to check your phone – don’t take it too long!
Having a messy workspace is a real deal. You cannot do your work properly and make things done easily if your workplace is messy. Arrange your workspace based on your preferences to improve productivity. Make it clean and organized. Ensure that you have all that you need inside simple reach.
Manage Your Time
Effective time management is important if you want to keep hitting your cutoff times when you’re working from home.
Set your daily to-do list to not to waste time on unnecessary things. It’s a smart idea to complete easy tasks before dealing with the hard ones. What’s more important is to take breaks regularly to regenerate yourself.
If you still find yourself losing focus despite everything when you’re working from home, watch that you’re not making it too hard for yourself! It tends to be hard to fight the temptation to overcompensate for not being in the workplace, by working longer than you regularly would, or bypassing breaks. Focus on your work without overdoing it – take breaks to relax.
Working from home has a lot of advantages and disadvantages. You just need to focus in order to overcome distractions and get things done efficiently, effectively, and creatively without overdoing it. I know it’s easier said than done but if you’re really serious about being productive and to lessen your wasteful time at the end of the day, then be it.
Look for things that can help you to become productive, avoid things that will probably distract you, and find a way to manage or overcome them.
This site shows you the skills you need for a happy and successful career and if you’re looking for someone who can help you to become productive, don’t be afraid to ask and contact our founder and CEO of MyOwnVA, Jocelyn Fernandez/ Rick Fernandez. You can also email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.Tags: COVID 19, Effectiveness, home based distractions, MyOwnVA, online job, Online Marketing, online services, Productivity, remote work, Social Media, teamwork, Technology, Time management, Unity, Virtual Assistants, work from home, Workplace
7 Ways To Increase Productivity Within The Workplace
by Jocelyn Fernandez on July 29, 2020
Important Customer Service Lessons From Amazon CEO Jeff Bezos
by Jocelyn Fernandez on July 10, 2020