“What you don’t see you don’t mind.” a short phrase from Ms. Regina Evangelista, our speaker for the “Virtual Assistant Boot Camp 2014” last May 24, 2014, at Lispher Inn. I have met people with different perspectives in life, people with different experiences, people with inspiring life ideas but with the same goal — work less but earn more.
What is a Virtual Assistant? Being an independent contractor means taking care of everything. Clients, bills, and other obligations — everything is in your hands.
First, let’s start with the advantages of being a Virtual Assistant. المراهنة
- You are the boss!
- Work anywhere you want (beach, park, etc.)
- Choose your own expertise.
- Helping entrepreneurs to succeed.
- Flexible hours.
- Earn at least 20,000 a month.
- Knowledge transfer.
- Working with different cultures.
- Strong internet connection
- Cloud storage (dropbox, google drive)
- Communication (skype, google+)
- Time Doctor/Tracker
- Lastpass – storage for passwords
- Home office
Virtual Assistant skills to get the job!
- English proficient
- Computer skills – processing skills, typing skills, data entry skills, etc.
- Internet savvy
- Communication skills
- Willingness to learn
- Eye for details
The boot camp also discussed Social Media Management. There are a lot of Social Media sites nowadays; Facebook, Twitter, Youtube, Linkedin, Pinterest, etc. And a lot of business today uses Social Media to popularized their company, increased revenue, reduced cost, and to brand building. Some companies hire a Virtual Assistant to do the Social Media jobs for them and there are Social Media tools to do the task quickly, these are Hootsuite, Buffer Apps, UberVu, Shoutlet, Simply Measured, Viralheat. The other topic that the Boot Camp discussed is the difference between East and West.
- Boss (people with higher position)
- Action takers (longer)
- Social people
- Easy to please
- Their boss is the “team”
- Action takers (quick)
- Strictly punctual
There are really a lot of differences between East and West but we should remember that these people are our clients. We should give them respect and we should also be respected. لعبة الروليت It’s a give and take process, finished their desired project, and get paid! And speaking of clients, there are 6 kinds of them.
- The Intruders – a client that intrudes on your privacy. They change your password and some of your profiles. العاب اندرويد
- The Henchman – a client who wants all ways possible.
- The Score – a client who pays on time.
- The Lookout – a client who is always watching your moves.
- The Ghost – a client who is always absent. Doesn’t show up for a couple of months and then appears after.
- The Partners in Crime – this is the perfect client for you. They usually is your boss and your friend at the same time.
By the way, how to keep these clients working with you?
- Time – you give them your time. Let them know that you are always on the go to check them out and to help you with your project.
- No Monkey Business – prove to them that you can be trusted. Never make illegal actions that may harm your relationship with your client.
- Communication – Communicating with them is important, in this way you can earn their trust. Always be reliable and flexible.
And, when to fire them?
- If your clients treat you badly, don’t hesitate to click that “end contract” button.
- If your client does not pay on time, effort, and time is wasted!
- If your client violates your core value.
- If your client becomes increasingly demanding.
It was fun and I have learned different ideas from the event. These are but just a few of the learnings they can impart for you. It was a nice experience and I’m looking forward to having another one!Bootcamp, MoVA, My Own Virtual Assistant, MyOwnVA, Seminar, Virtual Assistant